Sometimes I get overwhelmed by how many fun events there is each weekend here in the Roanoke Valley, it’s hard to choose when there is so much going on! But I guess having too many options is better than living in a place where there aren’t any at all.
So here is a smorgasbord of things to do, the world is your oyster!
- Friday, October 13 – Dr. Pepper Park (9 Old Whitmore Ave, Roanoke)
- 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Admission is $15 IN ADVANCE and $18 after 12 noon on 10/13. Purchase them here. Kids 12 and under are FREE and do not require a ticket.
- Event Description: Tom Petty tribute band will perform. Shuttle service begins from the Carilion Riverwalk Parking Garage at 5:00pm. Gates Open at 5:30pm. Groova Scape plays from 5:45pm-7pm. The Wildflowers play around 7-7:15pm.
Parkway After Dark – Parkway Brewing’s first late night “after dark event”
- Friday, October 13
- Admission is $5. Tickets available here.
- Event Description from the brewery: We’ll have live music from Human Infection. Specials available with a Lyft or Uber receipt. Have a dd? They get a free natural soda or kombucha and you get a discount.
Big Lick Brewing Co. Beer Garden Grand Opening – New beer garden in downtown Roanoke to check out!
- Saturday, October 14
- 1 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Admission is $15 at the door for beer drinkers. This includes your first two beers (two beer tickets), plus a special, limited edition Grand Opening commemorative pint glass, while supplies last! Admission for non-drinkers, DD’s and persons under the age of 21 is free.
- Event Description from the brewery: “Come out to help us celebrate this huge milestone and sample the first beers ever brewed on our 15 bbl system! We will have three delicious food trucks and three fantastic local live bands on hand for the occasion as well! We look forward to seeing you all there! Cheers!!”
Roanoke Go Fest 2017 – Annual festival of everything outdoors (There is goat yoga at this festival, I repeat GOAT YOGA!)
- October 13-15
- Admission is FREE!
- Event Description: The festival features live concerts, over 100 activities and workshops, professional athlete demos, games and giveaways, food trucks, bike and running races, beer tents, onsite camping, and exciting live entertainment! There is also the opportunity for you to demo (try out) equipment: stand up paddleboards, bikes, climbing gear, fly fishing, shoes, and more.
Craftsmen’s Fall Classic Art & Craft Festival – Hundreds of Artists & Craftsmen, thousands of unique choices!
- October 13-15
- Admission is FREE! But bring food to donate to the food bank.
- Event Description: Find pottery, jewelry, fine art, home decor, clothing, furniture, glass, specialty foods and so much more! Interact with talented exhibitors and bring home items that cannot be found anywhere else. Start your holiday shopping and find something for everyone on your list – including yourself!
Ghostwalk: Sherwood Memorial Park – Performance by actors portraying ghosts of Salem’s past
- October 13-14
- Show starts at 7 p.m.
- Admission: $10 adults, $5 students. 3 and under are free.
- Event Description: The Sherwood Amphitheater has concrete risers. Guests are invited to bring folding chairs, cushions, and/or blankets. There is limited handicapped parking at the Amphitheater. Other parking is in the cemetery. A flashlight may be handy when returning to your car.
- Read our blog post about this event here.