2017 was the year of big jobs announcements in Roanoke. It seemed as if Governor Terry McAuliffe was in town every other day doing a big jobs announcement. More jobs in any community is a good thing! If you think you may be on the job hunt within the next few years in Roanoke, you may have more options than there are now.
Here are some of the big economic stories that happened in 2017:
- Virginia Tech Carilion Breaks Ground on Biomedical Research Expansion
- Humm Kombucha: Will Invest $10 Million and Create 50 Jobs
- Appalachian Power: Will hire 102 people and expand offices downtown
- Altec Industries: Announces $30 Million Expansion, 180 New Jobs
- Powerschool: Will add 96 jobs and move into Franklin building
More recently Atlantic Credit and Finance announced a $4 million expansion, adding 115 jobs to downtown Roanoke.
Here’s to hoping 2018 will be another big year for jobs announcements!
Read more economic development news here.